[xsl] XSL-FO Processor for Arabic Text

Subject: [xsl] XSL-FO Processor for Arabic Text
From: "Paul Spencer" <xml-dev-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 22:58:26 +0400
Does anyone know of a processor for converting XML and XSL to PDF that
supports mixed English and Arabic text? In my current application, the
Arabic text is always on its own within a table cell, so there is never
mixed directionality within a block. FOP just gives me "#" symbols for any
Arabic characters. The developers of the tool I usually use (which currently
prints the characters, but left to right instead of right to left) have
promised a fix, but I need a fallback option.

Hebrew has the same right-to-left issue, so if a tool works with Hebrew, it
should work with Arabic.

Thanks

Paul