Re: [xsl] [FO] page-sequence/@initial-page-number creates blank page

Subject: Re: [xsl] [FO] page-sequence/@initial-page-number creates blank page
From: "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 09:52:53 -0400
At 2009-06-19 13:10 +0000, Florent Georges wrote:
I've just found a weird behaviour with the following document:

<fo:root xmlns:fo="<http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format>http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format";>
<fo:layout-master-set>
<fo:simple-page-master
master-name="m" margin="7.5mm"
page-height="210mm" page-width="297mm">
<fo:region-body/>
</fo:simple-page-master>
</fo:layout-master-set>
<fo:page-sequence master-reference="m">
<fo:flow flow-name="xsl-region-body">
<fo:block>block</fo:block>
</fo:flow>
</fo:page-sequence>
<fo:page-sequence master-reference="m"
initial-page-number="1">
<fo:flow flow-name="xsl-region-body">
<fo:block>block</fo:block>
</fo:flow>
</fo:page-sequence>
</fo:root>

 The result is a document in 3 pages, with the word "block" on
the first and the last one (as expected) but with an extra blank
page between them (this one is not expected.)

Actually, it is expected.

 If I remove @initial-page-number, the result is as expected
(except that my real problem does rely on this attribute to have
correct number pages, of course.)

 Is it a problem of my processor or is it the expected behaviour
(or did I do something wrong?)

You asked for a second page sequence starting at page number 1. Odd page numbers are typically on the opposite side of even numbered pages, so the processor adds a blank page to the first page sequence.

If what you want is two consecutive pages numbered 1, then stop the forcing of the blank page in the first page sequence, as below.

I hope this helps.

   <fo:root xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format";>
      <fo:layout-master-set>
         <fo:simple-page-master
               master-name="m" margin="7.5mm"
               page-height="210mm" page-width="297mm">
            <fo:region-body/>
         </fo:simple-page-master>
      </fo:layout-master-set>
      <fo:page-sequence master-reference="m" force-page-count="no-force">