Re: [xsl] how to xpath the *value* of an attribute based on value of other attribute in same element

Subject: Re: [xsl] how to xpath the *value* of an attribute based on value of other attribute in same element
From: "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2009 14:17:29 -0400
At 2009-07-01 14:13 -0400, you wrote:
On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 1:47 PM, G. Ken
Holman<gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> That isn't XML because it isn't well-formed due to the absence of the
> namespace declaration for "xtf".

I thought to spare you the full 20 mb file and give you just the
relevant bits. May the xml gods forgive me.

:{)}

But I was actually trying to be helpful with that comment ... if error messages had been suppressed and you were getting an empty result it could have been because your test wasn't working at all.

It turns out a
different bug in my working code prevented me from getting the value
to display, and between the one and the other I had concluded my xpath
was bad. But now it's all good.

Good to hear. This is not an uncommon situation at all and your experience is a good reminder to stylesheet writers to check other issues when something that seems obvious appears not to work.

--
Possible July/August XSLT/XQuery/XSL-FO training in Oakland/CA/USA