[xsl] Announce: relpath_util.xsl From DITA4Publishers Project

Subject: [xsl] Announce: relpath_util.xsl From DITA4Publishers Project
From: Eliot Kimber <ekimber@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 2009 14:12:01 -0500
The DITA For Publishers project (dita4publishers.sourceforge.net) is an
open-source project focused on supporting the needs of publishers using
DITA.

However, it also serves as a handy repository for various things that are
useful but have no better home. One of those is a little XSLT 2 library I
wrote for doing path manipulation, relpath_util.xsl. The source is available
from the DITA4Publisher's SVN repository at this link:

http://dita4publishers.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/dita4publishers/trunk/xslt
/lib/relpath_util.xsl?view=log

The library is pretty stable--I haven't made any changes to it in about a
year of use, but I'll be happy to take bug reports or enhancements.

It provides functions for calculating the relative path from one file to
another, getting an absolute path for a path with relative components, and
constructing new file paths using a base path.

Cheers,

Eliot

----
Eliot Kimber | Senior Solutions Architect | Really Strategies, Inc.
email:  ekimber@xxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:ekimber@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
office: 610.631.6770 | cell: 512.554.9368
2570 Boulevard of the Generals | Suite 213 | Audubon, PA 19403
www.reallysi.com <http://www.reallysi.com>  | http://blog.reallysi.com
<http://blog.reallysi.com> | www.rsuitecms.com <http://www.rsuitecms.com>