Re: [xsl] Diff between Saxon and InstantSaxon ?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Diff between Saxon and InstantSaxon ?
From: Dave Pawson <davep@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 18:57:18 +0100
On 11/08/09 17:50, Kerry, Richard wrote:

I am still using Saxon 6 as well as 9 as when I last tried using V9 for DocBook Chunked Html generation I got a message from it saying that chunked output was not available from Saxon 9 (or possibly that the DocBook stylesheets at that time (probably over a year ago) wouldn't run with XSL 2).

Can anyone/Michael indicate whether this is still the 0.1% that needs to stay with Saxon 6, or is it time to upgrade my DocBook system ?

Appreciatively,
Richard.

Docbook stylesheets for xslt 2.0 are still experimental. It all stays with xslt 1.0 for the moment.

You can use docbook 5 with 1.0 xslt though.

Nothing to do with Saxon btw. Just a very big re-write of the docbook stylesheets

regards

--
Dave Pawson
XSLT XSL-FO FAQ.