[xsl] Problems with xsl:result-document (result doc already created implicitly or explicitly)

Subject: [xsl] Problems with xsl:result-document (result doc already created implicitly or explicitly)
From: Luis A Ortiz <luis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 14:15:54 -0400
Hi List,
I'm looking for help with a problem I am having writing a series of XML files using xsl:result-document. When I comment out the xsl:result-document and simply write out the path and names of the files I am trying to write out, I see no duplicates but with the xsl:result-document is uncommented, it always returns the error message "A result document with this href has already been implicitly or explicitly created".

As I said, I dont see duplicate filenames when I am simply writing out the hrefs. I am also wrapping the xsl:result-document in an xsl:if test="boolean(doc-available($pagefile-path)) = false()" though I understand that wouldnt work anyhow.

Im sure that my pattern for doing this is wrong, but I have tried a few variations with the same problem. I have some html files with content that I break out and copy to separate xml files Each of the html files will become 1 or more xml files.

I have a file called structure.xml that lists out each of the xml files that I wish to create, and there is enough information in there for me to locate the source html file. Everything seems to work ok except when I try to create the files with result-document resulting in "A result document with this href has already been implicitly or explicitly created". The contents of the file doesnt seem to matter.

I am using XMLSpy 09 Pro (Win7 64bit), and the built-in XSLT engine. I tried to use saxon9he.jar however cant get that working ("'java' is not recognizable as an internal or external command" though I did install Java SE Runtime env.).

<xsl:stylesheet version="2.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform";>
<xsl:output method="xml" encoding="UTF-8" />

<xsl:variable name="folder-source">D:\Projects\Data Manipulation\phase2\contentA</xsl:variable>
<xsl:variable name="folder-target">D:\Projects\Data Manipulation\phase2\contentC</xsl:variable>

<xsl:template match="/">
   <xsl:apply-templates select="/structure/section/chapter/tutorial/page"/>

<xsl:template match="page">
<xsl:variable name="page-number" select="./@number" />
<xsl:variable name="chapter-number" select="../../@number" />
<xsl:variable name="section-number" select="../../../@number" />
<xsl:variable name="tutorialfile-path" select="concat($folder-source,'\chapter',$chapter-number,'\ch_',$chapter-number,'_tutorial.html')"/>
<xsl:variable name="pagefile-path" select="concat($folder-target,'\',./@src)" />
<xsl:call-template name="writepagefile">
<xsl:with-param name="section-number" select="$section-number"/>
<xsl:with-param name="chapter-number" select="$chapter-number"/>
<xsl:with-param name="page-number" select="$page-number"/>
<xsl:with-param name="tutorialfile-path" select="$tutorialfile-path"/>
<xsl:with-param name="pagefile-path" select="$pagefile-path"/>

<xsl:template name="writepagefile">
<xsl:param name="section-number"/>
<xsl:param name="chapter-number"/>
<xsl:param name="page-number"/>
<xsl:param name="tutorialfile-path"/>
<xsl:param name="pagefile-path"/>
<xsl:variable name="source-page-start-node" select="document($tutorialfile-path)/html/body/p[.='[page]'][$page-number]"/>
--would like to create file: <xsl:value-of select="$pagefile-path"/>--
<xsl:if test="boolean(doc-available($pagefile-path)) = false()">
+ and I think this should b fine +
<xsl:result-document href="$pagefile-path" method="xml">
<page section="{$section-number}" chapter="{$chapter-number}" number="{$page-number}">
<xsl:copy-of select="$source-page-start-node/following-sibling::*[generate-id(following-sibling::p[.='[page]'][1]) = generate-id(current()/following-sibling::p[.='[page]'][1])]"></xsl:copy-of> <!-- unrelated but I know this part can be improved. Source is flattened, with <p>[page]</p> nodes separating the chunks I want to write out to separate files -->

Sample of my XML:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<pretest name="Basic Math Pretest" src="pretest.xml"/>
<section number="1" name="Mathematics Review">
<chapter number="1" name="Fractions and Decimals ">
<page number="1" src="ch1\tutorial_page1.xml"/>
<page number="2" src="ch1\tutorial_page2.xml"/>
<page number="3" src="ch1\tutorial_page3.xml"/>
<quiz name="Fractions and Decimals " src="ch1\quiz1.xml"/>
<chapter number="2" name="Ratios, Percents, Simple Equations, and Ratio-Proportion ">
<page number="1" src="ch2\tutorial_page1.xml"/>
<page number="2" src="ch2\tutorial_page2.xml"/>
<page number="3" src="ch2\tutorial_page3.xml"/>
<quiz name="Ratios, Percents, Simple Equations, and Ratio-Proportion " src="ch2\quiz1.xml"/>

I did try to find a solution in the archives. Many thanks!


Current Thread