Re: [xsl] Starting Initial Page Number on Page Two

Subject: Re: [xsl] Starting Initial Page Number on Page Two
From: "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2009 16:34:53 -0300
At 2009-09-01 18:09 -0700, siarom egrub wrote:
Thank you very much for the suggestion. I really appreciate your help. Upon implementing your suggested page-sequence-master object, I am now getting an extract first page or page one is displaying with the number "1"

In my haste I removed the wrong region by taking away the footer instead of taking away the header. Restore the after region and remove the before region (or create another before region that doesn't have the page number) in the "Insrt-body-page-first" geometry.

and all the data is starting on the second page.

That sounds like a bug in the processor you are using. You don't say which it is.

I am sure I didn't interpret your suggestion correctly.

You took it too literally rather than questioning my incorrect suggestion.

I am not sure if I need another page-sequence to accommodate the single-page-master-reference.

You said you wanted the data to flow without interruption ... adding a new page sequence would start at a new page.

Do I need to reference any of the master-references (...page-first or ...page-rest) from page-sequence-master in the fo:flow flow-name?

Not at all ... it sounds like you are guessing ... the page sequence master is specifying the "-first" geometry to be used on the first page and the "-rest" to be used on the other pages. Your flow to "Insrt-body-page" will, therefore, use both in sequence without interruption (when the processor is working properly).

Except for my fault of removing the wrong region, I see no reason why your data would start only on the second page.

--
Interested in these classes?  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/s/i/