Re: [xsl] How did you learn XSL?

Subject: Re: [xsl] How did you learn XSL?
From: Dimitre Novatchev <dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2009 10:00:35 -0700
> This is not meant to be a XSLT tutorial. These are just my personal
> memories, largely learnt on this list. This is a kind of my personal,
> online XSLT diary :)

Thanks for this turn Mukul.

I suspect my blog could also have something to do with XSLT -- I only
tried to put there what I have found really amazing: from cascading
deletes, spelling checking and concordance, a SUDOKU solver, to a
general LR parser and processing JSON directly with XSLT. Certainly,
most of these problems originated in the xsl-list.

http://dnovatchev.spaces.live.com/blog/

For a period of 2-3 months I was deeply engaged solving Project Euler
problems (65 of them so far) and most of them with XSLT.
Unfortunately, it is against the rules of Project Euler to publish a
solution, but I highly recommend these problems to any XSLTeer and be
assured that all of them can be solved easily with XSLT :)

http://projecteuler.net/

--
Cheers,
Dimitre Novatchev

On Fri, Sep 4, 2009 at 9:30 AM, Mukul Gandhi<gandhi.mukul@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Having been member of this list, since many years, I was kind of
> motivated enough to capture my personal memories, and learnings on
> this list, on a personal web page:
> http://gandhimukul.tripod.com/xslt.htm.
>
> This is not meant to be a XSLT tutorial. These are just my personal
> memories, largely learnt on this list. This is a kind of my personal,
> online XSLT diary :)
>
> Perhaps, somebody might be interested to look at this page.
>
> On Fri, Sep 4, 2009 at 8:22 PM, Wendell Piez <wapiez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
>> Liam,
>>
>> At 01:26 AM 9/4/2009, you wrote:
>>>
>>> ... I was interested in how people got
>>> started, rather than everything that helped them on the way,
>>> although that's an equally interesting question :-)
>>
>> Also keep in mind that there are increasing numbers of XSLT users who
aren't
>> on this list. I don't know whether or how that might skew results, but I
do
>> know that (for example) graduate programs are finally starting to teach
it.

>> People who start that way might not be on this list.
>>
>> Me: I was coding DSSSL, then I learned from Tony Graham, the XPath and
XSLT