Re: [xsl] Finding first difference between 2 text strings

Subject: Re: [xsl] Finding first difference between 2 text strings
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 20:10:40 +0100
> I suppose the use of the ')' in the function could be replaced by a
> character not occurring in the text data.

no that is inserting regexp grouping syntax, not just a placeholder character.

> Since we're also processing just ASCII text, and not Unicode, I replaced
> the hex codes in the translation with just a space for each special
> character.

That won't work you need to use a different character for each
regexp-special character (any characters not in the data would do, but
they need to be distinct, otherwise you will find that a string of
"++++" is considered equal to a string "[[[[" as you have made them both
a string of spaces before starting the comparison.

David