Re: [xsl] xsl:output and xsl:result-document

Subject: Re: [xsl] xsl:output and xsl:result-document
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 17:39:53 +0100
> but apparently at least Saxon
> will allow you to output an xml document that contains only text: no
> elements, which is just what I needed.

xslt 1 and 2 both allow the result to have the syntax of an internal
parsed entity, so unlike an xml document it may have no elements, or
more than one top level element.

Note however that using text method changes things, if you output using
the xml method < will be output as &lt; but if you use the text method
it will be output as < for example.

David