RE: [xsl] Fixed attribute problems on change from DTD to schema

Subject: RE: [xsl] Fixed attribute problems on change from DTD to schema
From: "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 12:59:56 -0400
At 2009-09-29 05:42 +1300, Trevor Nicholls wrote:
Thank you Ken; it's a bit inconvenient (having assumed the wrong outcome to
begin with) but if I can't work around it easily I can feel justified asking
for approval to go to the commercial version.

If you know in your stylesheet what the default value is supposed to be, the work-around is quite straightforward:

( @attribute-name, $default-value )[1]

Because the predicate selects the first of the sequence, and if the attribute is absent then the default value becomes the first of the sequence.

I hope this helps.

-- Upcoming hands-on code list, UBL, XSLT, XQuery and XSL-FO classes. Interested in other classes? http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/s/i/ Crane Softwrights Ltd. http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/s/ Training tools: Comprehensive interactive XSLT/XPath 1.0/2.0 video Video lesson: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrNjJCh7Ppg&fmt=18 Video overview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTiodiij6gE&fmt=18 G. Ken Holman mailto:gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Male Cancer Awareness Nov'07 http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/s/bc Legal business disclaimers: http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/legal