Re: [xsl] Escaping Curly Braces in Regex

Subject: Re: [xsl] Escaping Curly Braces in Regex
From: "rowan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <rowan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 06:42:56 -0400
>rowan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
>> If in an XSLT 2 regular expression I want to match a literal curly brace,
>> what do I have to put in the regex?
>>
>> For example, if my input string is "  {some text}"
>>
>> And I want to match any string that is enclosed in curly braces, with
>> optional whitespace before and after, I've tried:
>>
>> matches(., '^\s*{.+}\s*$')
>> matches(., '^\s*{{.+}}\s*$')
>> matches(., '^\s*\{.+\}\s*$')
>> matches(., '^\s*\{{.+\}}\s*$')
>>
>> There are inside a predicate inside a select attribute in my XSL file.
All

Martin Honnen wrote:
>This
>   matches(. , '^\s*\{[^\}]+\}\s*$')
>works for me with Saxon and Altova.

Yes, this works in the matches function. I guess the final } was being
matched by my .+, not by the final \}...

But now I need to do this:
<xsl:analyze-string select="." regex="^\s*\{([^\}]+)\}\s*$">
because I need to capture the the string between the braces. In Saxon this
gives me:
 XPath syntax error at char 7 on line 43 in {^\s*\{([^}: Invalid character
'^' in expression.

What am I doing wrong this time?

Thanks - Rowan

mail2web.com  Enhanced email for the mobile individual based on Microsoft.