Re: [xsl] [XPath 2.0] Two XPath expressions to the same node, yielding different results with "instance of text()"

Subject: Re: [xsl] [XPath 2.0] Two XPath expressions to the same node, yielding different results with "instance of text()"
From: "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 2009 16:55:45 -0400
At 2009-10-07 16:53 -0400, Costello, Roger L. wrote:
Why does this XPath expression return true:

/FitnessCenter/Member[1]/MembershipFee/node() instance of text()

whereas this returns false:

//MembershipFee[1]/node() instance of text()

Both reference the node within the first MembershipFee element; so I would think they should both return true.

If you have more than one element with one or more children MembershipFee elements in your tree, then the second would be an instance of text()* or text()+.

But you don't show your data, so I can't tell if this is your situation or not.

I hope this helps.

--
Upcoming: hands-on code list, UBL, XSLT, XQuery and XSL-FO classes
in Copenhagen Denmark and Washington DC USA, October/November 2009