RE: [xsl] Modifying namespace definitions in xs:schema elements

Subject: RE: [xsl] Modifying namespace definitions in xs:schema elements
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2009 20:21:11 +0100
> Exploring the set of attributes in xs:schema (by <xsl:choose>
> <xsl:when test="true()"> <xsl:value-of
> select="concat(namespace-uri(),local-name())"/>...) has shown
> me that the namespace definitions (xmlns="...") are not
> passed to template processing.

The namespace declarations appear in the data model in the form of namespace
nodes, and are available on the namespace axis (they are not attribute nodes
on the attribute axis). You can process them using the XPath expression
namespace::*. However, you cannot process them using template rules, because
there is no match pattern that will match namespace nodes.

Regards,

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/
http://twitter.com/michaelhkay