Re: [xsl] Oracle XSLT 2.0

Subject: Re: [xsl] Oracle XSLT 2.0
From: Jesper Tverskov <jesper.tverskov@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 13:27:07 +0200
I have just downloaded and installed jdeveloper. I suppose this is a
common programming interface for Oracle people.

I can make an XSLT file, choose between XSLT 1 and XSLT 2 and the HELP system,
http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E12839_01/appdev.1111/b28394/adx_j_xslt.htm#CHDDAGGC

tells me about XSLT 2.0 that things like "User-defined functions",
"Grouping", "Multiple result documents", "Temporary trees", "Character
mapping" is supported. That is not all of XSLT 2.0 (what about REGEX?)
but at least it is a beginning!

Does the above mean that users of jdeveloper are more or less fooled
into thinking that they have XSLT 2.0 at their disposal, or how are
Oracle people using XSLT 2.0 in the real world?

When using Java, I guess it would be easy for them to implement Saxon?
Is anyone knowing how Oracle people use XSLT 2.0 in the real world?

Cheers,
Jesper Tverskov

http://www.xmlkurser.dk
http://www.xmlplease.com