[no subject]

If you haven't already, you should think carefully about how you
parameterize and enable extension of the mapping from the input XML to the
the result target.

I've addressed this a generic transform that supports going from DITA to
InDesign by using a separate mode that does nothing but map elements to
style names. The mode itself is used from a function that takes and element
and returns its result style name. This keeps the using templates simple.

This allows for easy extension for custom mappings while keeping the
implementation cost low, both for my base transform and for implementors,
since the custom templates are just a match statement and a string result.

The alternative would be some sort of configuration file mechanism, but I
quickly ran into the problem that I'd need to support arbitrary match or
select capability, and at that point you might as well stick with XSLT
itself.

Cheers,

Eliot

----
Eliot Kimber | Senior Solutions Architect | Really Strategies, Inc.
email:  ekimber@xxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:ekimber@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
office: 610.631.6770 | cell: 512.554.9368
2570 Boulevard of the Generals | Suite 213 | Audubon, PA 19403
www.reallysi.com <http://www.reallysi.com>  | http://blog.reallysi.com
<http://blog.reallysi.com> | www.rsuitecms.com <http://www.rsuitecms.com>