Re: [xsl] Filename encoding

Subject: Re: [xsl] Filename encoding
From: Wolfgang Laun <wolfgang.laun@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 12:15:13 +0200
 Changing the filenames in the filesystem doesn't sound right to me.

Would it not be simpler to establish (symbolic) links, parallel to the
existing directory entries (in a separate directory)?

Perhaps it would even be possible to generate the XML using the
additional links,
which avaods the problem of transforming the XML in the first place.
If not, I'd use the XSLT function fn:translate to encode file names. This
function is readily available in sed and Perl (or could be easily
implemented).

Base 64 uses '/', which is likely to be a problem in a file name.

-W