Re: [xsl] Filename encoding

Subject: Re: [xsl] Filename encoding
From: Hermann Stamm-Wilbrandt <STAMMW@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 16:00:46 +0200
Jesper,

I do not know C#, but it looks like it always needs to be "x = x.Replace
(...)" ...

And the sequential nature of your algorithm will replace 'w' by 'e' and not
by '0' as in the XSLT translate ...

w --> 0 --> 4 --> 5 --> e

Mit besten Gruessen / Best wishes,

Hermann Stamm-Wilbrandt
Developer, XML Compiler
WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliances
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Martin Jetter
Geschaeftsfuehrung: Erich Baier
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Boeblingen

             Jesper Tverskov
             <jesper.tverskov@
             gmail.com>                                                 To
                                       xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
             10/21/2009 02:43                                           cc
             PM
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [xsl] Filename encoding
             Please respond to
             xsl-list@xxxxxxxx
              lberrytech.com

I think I will go for

 translate($some_filename,
 'abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz0123456789',
 'opqstuavwk7mxyghijlr6z01234cbd5ef89n')

in XSLT, and

        string x = "some_filename";
        x = x.Replace("a", "o");
        x += x.Replace("b", "p");
        x += x.Replace("c", "q");
        x += x.Replace("d", "s");
        x += x.Replace("e", "t");
        x += x.Replace("f", "u");
        x += x.Replace("g", "a");
        x += x.Replace("h", "v");
        x += x.Replace("i", "w");
        x += x.Replace("j", "k");
        x += x.Replace("k", "7");
        x += x.Replace("l", "m");
        x += x.Replace("m", "x");
        x += x.Replace("n", "y");
        x += x.Replace("o", "g");
        x += x.Replace("p", "h");
        x += x.Replace("q", "i");
        x += x.Replace("r", "j");
        x += x.Replace("s", "l");
        x += x.Replace("t", "r");
        x += x.Replace("u", "6");
        x += x.Replace("v", "z");
        x += x.Replace("w", "0");
        x += x.Replace("x", "1");
        x += x.Replace("y", "2");
        x += x.Replace("z", "3");
        x += x.Replace("0", "4");
        x += x.Replace("1", "c");
        x += x.Replace("2", "b");
        x += x.Replace("3", "d");
        x += x.Replace("4", "5");
        x += x.Replace("5", "e");
        x += x.Replace("6", "f");
        x += x.Replace("7", "8");
        x += x.Replace("8", "9");
        x += x.Replace("9", "n");

in C#...

Damned that I can't use XSLT for it all!

Cheers,
Jepser