Re: [xsl] Sort by page number

Subject: Re: [xsl] Sort by page number
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 16:35:30 +0100
> .//@page[1]
> In my head this XPath expression reads "in the current article -> go
> through all of the descendants pick out the page attributes -> pick
> the first one"

beware that // doesn't mean what was in your head, that would be

(.//descendants/*/@page)[1]

although actually

(.//@page)[1]

is what you want

.//@page[1]

is the same as

.//@page

as the [1] in that case just filters the last step, so filters just the
first page attribute on each element but there can never be more than 1.

however that isn't your problem, which is I expect

	<xsl:for-each select="document($path)/*">

if document($path) is loading a single document, then
document($path)/*
is a single element as an xml document can only hav eone top level
element so your for-each is iterating over a sequence of length 1, and
sorting a sequence of length 1 doesn't do much.

perhaps you want document($path)/*/* here

David