Re: [xsl] copy attributes, except some

Subject: Re: [xsl] copy attributes, except some
From: Wendell Piez <wapiez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 09:36:43 -0400
AC,

At 09:02 PM 10/29/2009, you wrote:
Hi Wendell,

True. The thing that still bothers me with this is that since nodes and content are compared, a variable like $excepted-attributes has to be defined for every attribute group, for every tree/subtree that may get copied which is getting to be quite an overhead here.

Yes, certainly. My suggestion is clean only if the variable can be declared at the top -- that is, if @name1 attributes are always to be excluded. Even then, there are situations where it will be problematic.

This is the problem with posting fragments of problems to the list. As we have noted before (in this thread and elsewhere), without a complete problem spec, we can't really provide a solution. For example, a parameterized approach, in which $exclude-attributes would be passed through templates (using a tunnel parameter) and modified where necessary, might be another thing worth trying.

On the other hand, sometimes our waving flashlights in the dark will lead to an accidental insight which is at least as good, or better, than a solution. If that's the case here, we should call it a success.

Cheers,
Wendell