Re: [xsl] Different behaviour for the first item in a for-each-group

Subject: Re: [xsl] Different behaviour for the first item in a for-each-group
From: "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 22:46:57 -0400
At 2009-10-31 19:31 -0700, Mark Wilson wrote:
That seems to be it. I checked 28 of the 200+ pages and all was OK.

Sorry I did not make it clear from the start. Also, somewhere along the line an un-needed for-each crept in.

Then you don't need $group-position ... in what I see in your bit below it is totally redundant.

           <xsl:variable name="group-position" select="position()"/>
               <fo:table-row>
                   <xsl:if test="position()=1 and $group-position=1">

It was there to get the first of the current-group() in the first of the groups, so if you aren't walking through the groups then you don't need it. You are acting on only the first member of each group, thus I gather you are doing it for de-duping and not for classical grouping.

By the way, you have helped with this very same function three times now over the past year. For the record, here is the actual correct template.

You might want to review taking out $group-position because it isn't doing anything for you.

I'm glad things have worked out for you. And a Happy Hallowe'en to you and yours!

-- Upcoming: hands-on XSLT, XQuery and XSL-FO Washington DC Nov 2009 Interested in other classes? http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/s/i/ Crane Softwrights Ltd. http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/s/ Training tools: Comprehensive interactive XSLT/XPath 1.0/2.0 video Video lesson: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrNjJCh7Ppg&fmt=18 Video overview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTiodiij6gE&fmt=18 G. Ken Holman mailto:gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Male Cancer Awareness Nov'07 http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/s/bc Legal business disclaimers: http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/legal