Re: [xsl] Question about variable assignment based on run-time value

Subject: Re: [xsl] Question about variable assignment based on run-time value
From: Bill French <french@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2009 12:10:46 -0800
Apologies -- I should have specified that I'm using XSLT 2.0.

Bill French wrote:
Hi all,

I'm trying to capture a sequence of nodes in a variable. The catch is that the nodes I capture can vary based on the local-name() of the element matched by the template.

I've got:

<xsl:variable name="label-nodes">
<xsl:choose>
<xsl:when test="local-name() = 'shared'">
<xsl:value-of select="rm:label[$page-type = tokenize(@pages, '\s*,\s*')]"/>
</xsl:when>
<xsl:otherwise>
<xsl:value-of select="rm:label"/>
</xsl:otherwise>
</xsl:choose>
</xsl:variable>

Instead, I want the sequence of rm:label elements selected by the XPath expression in the xsl:value-of instruction's select attribute. But how do I select a sequence?

Many thanks in advance,

--Bill