RE: [xsl] Value of the variable

Subject: RE: [xsl] Value of the variable
From: "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 14:35:54 +0530
At 2009-11-26 14:27 +0530, Joga Singh Rawat wrote:
people do not tell us what they want, it is difficult (and a waste of
volunteer time) to keep guessing what people are asking for.

==>Sorry ken, I can understand that. What I thought that if I get the value
in the variable then I can do it easily. I was trying to do below

<xsl:template match="p">
 <xsl:variable name="txt-with-node" select="."/>
 <a-g>
   <xsl:for-each select="tokenize($txt-with-node,', ')">
    <a><xsl:value-of select="."/></a>
  </a-z>
 </xsl:if>
</xsl:template>

Sorry, Joga, you are showing us what you are doing, you are still not showing us _exactly_ what you want. And, the original data and the example above are *not* well-formed XML, so I'm only guessing.

Assuming the input is repaired to be as follows:

Do you want the result to be:

  <a-g>
    <a>a</a>
    <a>b</a>
    <a>c</a>
    <a>d</a>
  </a-g>

Do you want the result to be:

  <a-g>
    <a>a</a>
    <a>b</a>
  </a-g>

Do you want the result to be something else?

The answer we volunteers can give you will depend on _exactly_ what you want. We are still being asked to guess.

--
Vote for your XML training:   http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/m/i/
Crane Softwrights Ltd.          http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/m/