RE: [xsl] Group Techniques by xslt

Subject: RE: [xsl] Group Techniques by xslt
From: Hermann Stamm-Wilbrandt <STAMMW@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 14:12:30 +0100
Joga,

you already got comments from Michael and me about CDATA.

What is interesting is that the correct statement appears in your  code
snippet as comment (xsl:element).

Since I do not know what "......" is this is the solution not needing to
know that:
<xsl:variable name="temp">
</xsl:variable>

<xsl:choose>
  <xsl:when test="self::p[matches(@class,'^Head[0-9]+$')]">
    <xsl:element name="sc{$level}">
      <xsl:copy-of select="$temp"/>
    </xsl:element>
  </xsl:when>
  <xsl:otherwise>
    <xsl:copy-of select="$temp"/>
  </xsl:otherwise>
</xsl:choose>

This will return
  <sc1>
  </sc1>

or just

depending on your if/above when outcome.

Mit besten Gruessen / Best wishes,

Hermann Stamm-Wilbrandt
Developer, XML Compiler
WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliances
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Martin Jetter
Geschaeftsfuehrung: Dirk Wittkopp
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Boeblingen

             "Joga Singh
             Rawat"
             <jrawat@aptaracor                                          To
             p.com>                    <xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                                        cc
             12/04/2009 10:31
                                       RE: [xsl] Group Techniques by xslt

             Please respond to
             xsl-list@xxxxxxxx
              lberrytech.com

<xsl:element name="sc"><xsl:value-of select="$level"/></xsl:element>
==>I will return different result (<sc>1</sc>) but we need <sc1>...</sc1>.