Re: [xsl] Trying to understand XSLT processing

Subject: Re: [xsl] Trying to understand XSLT processing
From: Michael Schäfer <michael.schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 13:13:08 +0100
I thought there might be a difference in how "." is evaluated when the
current context item is the root node vs. the document node.

So out of curiosity, I ran the original XSLT (using ".") in oXygen 11 with
various engines:

- Saxon HE + PE, 6.5.5: works
- Xalan, XSLTProc : works, but outputs only the text nodes

Example output:

[Saxon-HE] *****you just hit the XSLT ******
[Saxon-HE] *****BODY CONTENTS****[<SOAP:Envelope xmlns:saml="urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:1.0:assertion"
[Saxon-HE] xmlns:samlp="urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:1.0:protocol"
[Saxon-HE] xmlns:SOAP="";
[Saxon-HE] xmlns:wsse=" 1-wss-wssecurity-secext-1.0.xsd"
[Saxon-HE] xmlns:env="";>
[Saxon-HE] <SOAP:Header>
[Saxon-HE] <wsse:Security SOAP:mustUnderstand="1">
[Saxon-HE] </wsse:Security></SOAP:Header>
[Saxon-HE] <SOAP:Body>
[Saxon-HE] <m:hello xmlns:m="http://services";>
[Saxon-HE] <m:x>123</m:x>
[Saxon-HE] </m:hello>
[Saxon-HE] </SOAP:Body>
[Saxon-HE] </SOAP:Envelope>]

BTW, the SOAP, env, sopa-env prefixes are set inconsistently, although
this should make no difference here because only SOAP in ever used, in the
input document.


Andrew Welch schrieb:
That's almost certainly a namespace issue then...

2009/12/15 <ohaya@xxxxxxx>:

FYI, I got this to work using:

<xsl:message>*****BODY CONTENTS**** <xsl:copy-of select="/*[local-name()='Envelope']/*[local-name()='Body']"/></xsl:message>


Current Thread