Re: [xsl] Generate identifier

Subject: Re: [xsl] Generate identifier
From: "Vladimir Nesterovsky" <vladimir@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 07:55:22 -0800
> At 2009-12-29 07:13 -0800, Vladimir Nesterovsky wrote:
> >I need to convert a string into an identifier.
>
> Does that string include white-space?

Yes. Original function handles this.

> Do your identifiers have to be unique or are you
> allowed to create the same identifier for two different input strings?

Same identifier for different input is acceptable.

> >Earlier I was using the following function:
> >Now, I have to build a name with only containing [A-Za-z0-9] only.
>
> That is very limiting ... the value space for
> names in XML includes hyphen and underscore, both
> of which would be handy ... are you sure those two characters are not
allowed?

Pretty sure.
cobol-word = [A-Za-z0-9]+ ([\-]+ [A-Za-z0-9]+)*

> I hope this gives you some ideas.

In fact conversation itself gave an idea.
If nothing more, I'll build a transliteration static table, which I'll use
to make identifiers.

Thanks.
--
Vladimir Nesterovsky