RE: [xsl] Using XPath to refer to a tag value which itself is XML content

Subject: RE: [xsl] Using XPath to refer to a tag value which itself is XML content
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 09:18:16 -0000
The only way I could explain what you are seeing is if the contents of the
Rawdata element are enclosed in <![CDATA[...]]>. If the content were as you
have shown it, then with <root> as the context node,

<xsl:value-of select="Rawdata"/>

would output the string value of the Rawdata element, which is
auto_21259132, and the instruction

<xsl:value-of
    select="Rawdata/report/primaryImages/primaryImage/ObjectName"/>

would output exactly the same.

Regards,

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/
http://twitter.com/michaelhkay

> Hi,
> I have a XML file content which is added as the value of XML tag.
>
> For eg:
> In this xml snippet, value of tag <RawData> is xml content itself.
>
> <root>
> <OID>27696.16415.10544.53961</OID>
> <Rawdata>
> <report><primaryImages><primaryImage><ObjectName>auto_21259132
174955</ObjectName></primaryImage></primaryImages></report>