Re: [xsl] Modern web site design with XML and XSLT

Subject: Re: [xsl] Modern web site design with XML and XSLT
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 21:47:40 GMT
> But the default encoding for text/xml is ASCII:
yes but as I say they encoding can be specified in the headers if it
differs from that. the files served from the NAG site are ASCII (using
numeric references for non ascii characters) so no change from the
default is required.

> Without the plugin you described, IE 6 is displaying a box on your
> link, where Opera shows a character.  Since they're both on the same
> system, it looks to me like IE 6 is coming up ASCII and Opera is coming
> up Unicode, and you have exactly one Unicode character on that page
> that isn't ASCII.

various symbols are referenced by character reference, whether they
display as the correct character or not relates to the default fonts
used rather than parsing.

david