Re: [xsl] Definite list of XSLT 2.0 processors?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Definite list of XSLT 2.0 processors?
From: Abel Braaksma <abel.online@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 22:20:05 +0100
Hi Michael,

So there is (quite) some development then. Intriguing that parties decide to create XSLT 2.0 processors as part of larger products, instead of developing it as stand-alone products. When few parties take on the development of a new standard, it is easy to jump to conclusions about its life expectancy. This sure sounds that XSLT 2.0 still is alive and kicking!

Regards,
Abel Braaksma

Michael Kay wrote:
Saxon and Altova are still around. Altova when I last looked had fixed most
of the conformance bugs that were present in early releases. Some users now
seem to develop on Altova and then deploy on Saxon.

Gestalt is still there, but with no further development.

Oracle and Microsoft have made no further moves, as far as one can see.

IBM have announced their XSLT 2.0 processor, available as part of Websphere.

Intel have announced their XSLT 2.0 processor, available as part of SOA
Expressway.

I have heard rumours of two or three other processors that are under
development, but I have no idea when (if ever) they will see the light of
day.

Regards,

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/