RE: [xsl] Ignore closing tag

Subject: RE: [xsl] Ignore closing tag
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 08:30:23 -0000
> I have developing the XSL Transformation for XML to SGML
> file, if have any possible convert without closing tag in
> SGML file, the SGML file not required for some closing tags
> that why needed for the above option.

The XSLT specification defines serialization for XML, HTML, or text output,
it does not define an option for SGML output. There might be implementations
that provide such an option, but I haven't come across one. In Saxon you can
in theory write your own serializer, or customize the XML serializer by
various user hooks. But a better option might be to output XML and then
convert.

Regards,

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/