[xsl] RE: [saxon] Generative XSLT

Subject: [xsl] RE: [saxon] Generative XSLT
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 17:50:44 -0000
XSLT coding questions should really go to the xsl-list at mulberrytech.com -
this list is for things that are specific to the Saxon product.

The value of $t is a document node. When you apply-templates to $t, the
processor will look for a template that matches document nodes (typically
match="/"). What happens next depends on what it finds. Without knowing what
rules are present in your stylesheet, it's not possible to explain what's
happening. However, the most likely explanation is that there are no rules
either for match="/" or match="i", and the built-in rules are being invoked.

Try using the -T tracing option to see if it sheds more light.

Regards,

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/
http://twitter.com/michaelhkay