[xsl] COCOMO project cost metrics for Saxon and XQilla

Subject: [xsl] COCOMO project cost metrics for Saxon and XQilla
From: Justin Johansson <procode@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2010 01:27:22 +1030
Hi all,

Having just happened across these COCOMO metrics*** on Ohloh for Saxon and XQilla
XSLT/XQuery/XPath products/projects, I thought the list might be interested in the
"bean count" estimates assuming a developer salary of $55000 p.a. to write these projects
from scratch.

*** http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COCOMO

For Saxon (and presumably this just the Open Source Non-SA codebase)

http://www.ohloh.net/p/saxon

50 Person Years $ 2,743,467

And for XQilla

http://www.ohloh.net/p/xqilla

35 Person Years $ 1,899,031

Obviously it's anyone's guess if there's more than zero significant digits in the
$ values let alone 7 digits! Actually I stumbled across the XQilla page first and,
given the friendly URL, took a stab at seeing if Saxon was there too. And it was!

Any comments, people?

Cheers,
Justin Johansson