Re: [xsl] XML to SVG via XSLT 2.0

Subject: Re: [xsl] XML to SVG via XSLT 2.0
From: Dave Pawson <davep@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 07 Feb 2010 13:17:26 +0000
On 07/02/10 10:24, COUTHURES Alain wrote:
Dave,

I'm in charge of XSLTForms (http://www.agencexml.com/xsltforms) which is
a client-side implementation of XForms and I'm working at SVGWeb
integration to have dynamic graphs controlled by XForms.

XSLTForms is based on XSLT 1.0 (because XSLT 2.0 is not supported by
browsers...) then Javascript. As an XPath function or as an XForms
action, I can easily perform an XSLT 1.0 transformation at client-side.

Do you think that a great effort is required to rewrite graph2svg
stylesheets in XSLT 1.0 ?

Yes. Look at the functions used in the XSLT

Have you already tested the generated SVG documents with SVGWeb ?

I jumped at graph2svg because of it's simplicity. I haven't looked at SVGWeb, but then I don't need my transforms to be browser based.

regards

--
Dave Pawson
XSLT XSL-FO FAQ.