Re: [xsl] [string to node]

Subject: Re: [xsl] [string to node]
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 00:43:17 +0000
On 22/02/2010 00:17, Aditya Sakhuja wrote:
So, I have thought of<xsl:variable name="a" select="..."/>  to get the
value. however, I have to choose depending upon certain conditions,
and hence the<xsl:choose>

Usually (or at least often) you can express the condition in xpath rather than xsl:choose, and so still use the select.

> inside. Also, exsl:node-set() library is
not complete (http://exslt.org/exsl/index.html). If you download this,
the node-set xsl is missing. I had looked at this option earlier.

no, you misunderstand how the node-set extension is implemented.
You do not download any code it is built in to to the processor
xslt 1 implementations which support this (which is almost all of them)
build in the node-set extension, you just need to declare the namespace to access the function.

However, I have just managed to get what I need working using the inherent, xalan:nodeset() which comes bundled with the Xalan-C processor.

xalan:nodeset and exslt;node-set will be teh same function, it's just more portanble to call it exslt node-set.

David