Re: [xsl] Math "functions" for XSLT 1.0

Subject: Re: [xsl] Math "functions" for XSLT 1.0
From: COUTHURES Alain <alain.couthures@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2010 08:13:23 +0100
Liam,
Microsoft isn't the only software company in the world.
For me, MSXML was the first very good XSLT engine 10 years ago and if Microsoft had continued to implement recommendations, I'm convinced all others would have too.
Or maybe you're referring to Internet Explorer?
Internet Explorer is widely deployed and that's its (unique ? ;-) ) strength.
There's an open source XQuery plugin for IE, although I'm not sure
how polished it is (search for xqib).
Plugin are difficult to deploy. That's why Acrobat Reader comes with other Adobe programs, that's why SilverLight is embedded with Internet Explorer,... I'm still not convinced it was a good choice to consider Mozilla XForms as an extension.
Or you could write XSLT that
generated JavaScript and executes it...?
Yes, that's precisely what I do with XSLTForms (http://www.agencexml.com/xsltforms) which is heavily based on XSLT 1.0 (XPath 1.0 parsing with XSLT/XPath 1.0 only is not easy...). I want now to enrich it with graphs support with requires graph2svg XSLT 2.0 stylesheets porting and svg2xaml.xsl improvements.

-Alain