Re: [xsl] reading a .xsv file in xslt

Subject: Re: [xsl] reading a .xsv file in xslt
From: Michael Ludwig <milu71@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 23:05:34 +0100
a kusa schrieb am 08.03.2010 um 14:59:59 (-0600):
> The csvtoxml converter works very well with single files. But if I
> want to convert it to work with a batch of files, how do I do it? The
> variable in the program 'pathtoCSV' points to only a single CSV file
> which gets parsed. But I want to be able to use it to work on multiple
> files.

Haven't seen the file in question, but given that it's a variable and
this is not SQL, you could just violate Codd's First Normal Form and
make the variable a list, like the environment variable PATH, by
introducing ; or : as list entry separator.

Where the variable is needed you could then put an xsl:param instead and
have some logic that parses the list-valued variable (using tokenize())
and calls the processing logic passing each list entry as parameter.

--
Michael Ludwig