RE: [xsl] initial template parameters

Subject: RE: [xsl] initial template parameters
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 08:19:35 -0000
> "Parameters passed to the transformation by the client
> application are matched against stylesheet parameters (see
> 9.5 Global Variables and Parameters), not against the
> template parameters declared within the initial template. All
> template parameters within the initial template to be
> executed will take their default values."
>
> Why? :-(

Either because we were lazy, or because we wanted to keep things simple, or
both. I think an interface in which you could supply both the values of
stylesheet parameters and the values of parameters to the initial template
might be confusing to many users. However, I can see why you want it:
logically, the requirement makes sense.

Regards,

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/