Re: [xsl] combine on key and dedupe

Subject: Re: [xsl] combine on key and dedupe
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 16:39:46 +0000
On 23/03/2010 14:36, Joyce Chapman wrote:
Thank you David, that is working great. It's really helpful of you.

It's not critical because I wrote a second stylesheet to take care of
the problem, but for knowledge's sake: is there a way to use the
"except" with duplicates of multiple elements in this situation? I'm
getting multiples of<nickName>  values that I'd like to dedupe too,
like the example below, but I was not successful in my experimentation
with trying to add a second element value with a pipe to the
<xsl:copy-of>  select statement that you sent me.

<author>
  <authorizedName>Joe Bob</authorizedName>
  <nickName>Joe</nickName>
  <nickName>Joe</nickName>
  <exampleTitle>Title1</exampleTitle>
  <exampleTitle>Title2</exampleTitle>
</author>

Don't worry about answering if it's complicated! Like I said, I'm
getting it the way I need by running it through a second stylesheet.

Thanks,
Joyce

please don't take things off list

probably you want to replace

<xsl:copy-of select="authorizedName,current-group()/(* except authorizedName)"/>
by

<xsl:for-each-group select="current-group()/*" group-by="concat(name(),' ',.)">
<xsl:copy-of select="."/>
</xsl:for-each-group>

David