RE: [xsl] recursive loop in XSL stylesheet is failing

Subject: RE: [xsl] recursive loop in XSL stylesheet is failing
From: "Kerry, Richard" <richard.kerry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 17:00:13 +0100
> > I know that variables are constants in XSL
>
> well better to say variables hold values (as they do in mathematics)
> rather then hold references to values (as they do in imperative
> programming languages)

I still think that variables are misnamed in XSL as they aren't (variable that
is).

I'd never heard the term "variable" used until I started programming
computers, and I remaind slightly suspicious of the implication that they have
a meaning in mathematics.  I thought they were called "values" there.

Uncertainly,
Richard.