RE: [xsl] Xpath/XSLT 2.0 & Schema Question

Subject: RE: [xsl] Xpath/XSLT 2.0 & Schema Question
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2010 17:07:54 +0100
Schema-awareness means that the type information is used by the XSLT
processor, but there is no standard facility that makes the type information
available for introspection by the application itself.

One thing you could try is to export the schema in Saxon's SCM format, which
is designed to be easier for applications to process than raw schema
documents. There's a Saxon extension function to get the type annotation of
an element or attribute node, and you could use this to get details of the
simple or complex type from the SCM schema. But it rather depends what you
are trying to do with the type information.

Regards,

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/
http://twitter.com/michaelhkay