Re: [xsl] Problem: XSLT, attribute value, Unicode supplementary characters

Subject: Re: [xsl] Problem: XSLT, attribute value, Unicode supplementary characters
From: Syd Bauman <Syd_Bauman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2010 03:29:02 -0400
I'm afraid I can't help, other than to verify that there seems to be
no problem running
 1. OS X 10.5.8
 2. Saxon-HE 9.2.0.3J
using the XML input and XSLT you provided (except providing an XML
declaration that stated encoding=UTF-8 and changing "pleft/text/case"
to "/case" :-) I used XSLT 2.0.

The output has U+1041C, U+10430, and U+1043B for both the value-of
the attr and the value-of the content.

> I've got a problem with XSLT transformation of attribute values
> consisting of Unicode supplementary characters.
>
> Background:
>
> 1.  OS X  10.6.3
> 2.  saxonhe9-2-0-6j
> 3.  The task:  transforming an XML document into XeTeX (specifying
<xsl:output method="text" encoding="UTF-8"/> )
> 4.  The XML document is well-formed and also validates against a Relax NG
schema.
> 5.  The XML document is designated as <?xml version="1.0"
encoding="UTF-8"?>