[xsl] Rusty at XSLT, need help ("Oil can!, Oil can!")

Subject: [xsl] Rusty at XSLT, need help ("Oil can!, Oil can!")
From: cknell@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 17:05:56 -0400
I used to haunt this list when I was writing XSLT every day, but it's been a few years now, and I feel like the Tin Woodsman when caught in the rain. I am rusty and I need an application of the oil can.

I am trying to extract the text from particular elements in an Excel workbook which has been saved to XML format. The structure, in short, is this:

<Workbook>
  <DocumentProperties/>
  <ExcelWorkbook/>
   <Worksheet>
      <Names/>
        <Table>
           <Column/>
           <Row>
              <Cell/>
              <Cell/>
              <Cell>
                 <Data>Randolph</Data>
                 <NamedCell/>
              </Cell>
           </Row>
        </Table>
         <WorksheetOptions/>
   </Worksheet>
</Workbook>

There is at least one <Worksheet> Element.

So here I am thinking, "This should be easy. Start with selecting the text of the first cell in the first row on the first worksheet."

So I use this XSLT:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<xsl:stylesheet version="2.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform";
		xmlns:ss="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:spreadsheet">

		<xsl:template match="/">
			<xsl:value-of select="Workbook/Worksheet[1]/Table/Row[3]/Data" />
		</xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

thinking that the output will be "Randolph" because I can see  that in the source document . But no, the only output I get is the XML document declaration!

Please someone have pity on a fallen-away XSLT programmer trying to be in the good graces of the W3C.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.
--
Charles Knell