Re: [xsl] debugging xslt

Subject: Re: [xsl] debugging xslt
From: "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 15:17:41 -0400
At 2010-06-11 14:56 -0400, Monosij Dutta-Roy wrote:
I am new to XSLT. However I  have gotten some transforms running. In
general my background is Java / Oracle - and with that I am wondering
what is a good way to debug XSLT other than printing output.

I have also resorted to testing out XPath expressions in Java to check
what they contain and then trying them in XSLT. Just wondering if
there is a better way.

I use Oxygen XML to debug my XSLT. While like other debuggers you can set breakpoints on program code, with Oxygen you can also set breakpoints on data and get control whenever a node in the tree is visited. I highly recommend the tool.

I hope this helps.

-- XSLT/XQuery training: after http://XMLPrague.cz 2011-03-28/04-01 Vote for your XML training: http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/s/i/ Crane Softwrights Ltd. http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/s/ G. Ken Holman mailto:gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Male Cancer Awareness Nov'07 http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/s/bc Legal business disclaimers: http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/legal