Re: [xsl] debugging document() call

Subject: Re: [xsl] debugging document() call
From: Lars Huttar <lars_huttar@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 14:00:02 -0500
On 6/30/2010 1:44 PM, Lars Huttar wrote:
> On 6/30/2010 11:35 AM, Michael Kay wrote:
>

>> Subclass the standard URI resolver with your own and see how it's
>> being called.
>>

> What class should I subclass, and how do I get Saxon to use my subclass?
>
> Thanks,
> Lars

I just found
http://saxon.sourceforge.net/saxon7.9/extensibility.html#Writing-a-uri-resolver
which says, "Saxon allows you to write your own URIResolver to handle
the URIs of input documents, as defined in the JAXP 1.1 specification.
Such a URIResolver is used to process the URIs used in the |xsl:include|
and |xsl:import| declarations as well as the |document()| function. ..."

That sounds like a step in the right direction...
but how do I tell Saxon to use my URIResolver?

I also found a sample here:
http://www.udel.edu/CIS/software/dist/saxonb8-6-1/samples/java/TraxExamples.java
that defines a UserURIResolver that implements URIResolver,
and uses

  transformer.setURIResolver(new UserURIResolver(transformer));
to tell the system to use the UserURIResolver.
Is that the sort of thing I should do?
If so, where would I put the call to
	transformer.setURIResolver()?

Sorry, I'm in the dark when it comes to Java, JAXP and all that.
I'm just a lowly XSLT programmer. ;-)
(tongue-in-cheek)

Lars