Re: [xsl] Are there any XSLT processors that can incrementally input the XML data?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Are there any XSLT processors that can incrementally input the XML data?
From: Dimitre Novatchev <dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 06:34:32 -0700
Some XSLT processors such as Saxon have streaming extensions.

When this becomes a recommendation, streaming will be part of the XSLT
language:

http://www.w3.org/TR/2010/WD-xslt-21-20100511/#streaming

Cheers,
Dimitre Novatchev
---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------
-------------------------------------
Never fight an inanimate object
-------------------------------------
you're doing is work or play

On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 6:08 AM, Costello, Roger L. <costello@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I have a simple but large XML document containing almost 100 million bank
withdrawals/deposits:

> <transactions>
> B  B <withdrawal>30</withdrawal>
> B  B <deposit>40</deposit>
> B  B <deposit>50</deposit>
> B  B <withdrawal>20</withdrawal>
> B  B <withdrawal>45</withdrawal>
> B  B <deposit>80</deposit>
> B  ...
> </transactions>
>
> I want my XSLT program to start at the first transaction:
>
> B  B <withdrawal>30</withdrawal>
>
> and then sequentially process the following siblings.
>
> I want the <withdrawal> and <deposit> elements to be input on demand.
>
> Are there any XSLT processors that can incrementally input the XML data?
That is, the XSLT processor inputs just the number of XML elements currently
requested by the XSLT program, processes those elements, and then outputs the
results? All this is done with little or no in-memory storage.