Re: [xsl] with or without namespace

Subject: Re: [xsl] with or without namespace
From: Martin Honnen <Martin.Honnen@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 18:37:45 +0100
ac wrote:

To process these elements irrespective of their namespace, I can use
expressions like
*[local-name(.) = "a"] and *[local-name(.) = "b"]
all through the stylesheet but, in the stylesheet, I would much rather
map everything to the same namespace (possibly to default- or
no-namespace) and either use a single prefix, or better still, no
prefix, all over the stylesheet, to refer to all or any of these elements.
/xx:a, /xx:b, or /a , /b, for example
What would be the best way to declare the stylesheet namespaces to
achieve this, if possible?

With XSLT/XPath 2.0 you are allowed to use
to select elements with local name 'a' respectively 'b' in any namespace (including no namespace).

--

	Martin Honnen
	http://msmvps.com/blogs/martin_honnen/