[xsl] Re: generating schemas from XML

Subject: [xsl] Re: generating schemas from XML
From: Michael Kay <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2010 09:11:45 +0000
On 03/12/2010 08:29, Silent lights wrote:
Hi Michael,
The problem is I need to integrate it into an application and there I need
either an open source tool based on xsl or java or I need to write on my own. Do
I have any choices perhaps ?
thank you
Densil

What are you trying to achieve? What properties do you want the generated schema to have? There are of course an infinite number of schemas to which any given instance document conforms.

I don't believe any tool that does this will generate a schema that can can be used directly without human review and fine tuning. But that might depend on what you want to use the schema for.

Michael Kay
Saxonica