Re: [xsl] Controlling namespace in output

Subject: Re: [xsl] Controlling namespace in output
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 23:32:16 +0000
On 16/12/2010 23:27, Peter Desjardins wrote:
> I added the DocBook namespace to the root element of my output. Why do
> its children have null namespaces (xmlns="")? How can I prevent them
> from having explicit namespaces?

you have generated the root element in the namespace but all the other elements in no-namespace so the serialiser has to add xmlns=""

The solution is to generate all eleemnts in the docbook namespace, then the serialiser will just put a single declaration on the outmost element.

the easiest way to do that (usually, it depends a bit on your code) is to move xmlns="..." from where you have it on to xsl:stylesheet so it is in scope for the whole stylesheet.

David