Re: [xsl] White space treatment issue

Subject: Re: [xsl] White space treatment issue
From: Karl Stubsjoen <kstubs@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 11:51:40 -0700
Solved the problem - as usual, I am my own worse nightmare.  I have
multiple ways to call my PDF generator, one is to feed the engine with
a stream and another is to feed the generator with an XmlDocument.
Well, I was calling the generator and passing along an XmlDocument
which means I read my "non-pretty" FO from disk into an XmlDocument
(.NET) with no restrictions on formatting that object.  The eventual
stream result of that XmlDocument to the rendering engine added
linefeeds.  I might be able to fix this behaviour but no need since I
can also feed the engine with a stream.

Thanks for all the help on this.
Karl..

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 2:40 AM, David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 18/01/2011 08:27, Karl Stubsjoen wrote:
>>
>> Saxon collapses the lines following each<fo:inline>
>
> saxon (nor presumably MvpXslTransform) process the xsl-fo at all, so the
> important question, if you think ther is a difference between then, is what
> does the xsl-fo that is generated look like.
>
> If the xsl-fo generated is different then we can look to differences between
> the XSLT processors, but if it is the same, the difference is in the way the
> xsl-fo processor is handling its input (with a microsoft xml parser losing
> white space being a prime suspect).
>
> David

> The Numerical Algorithms Group Ltd is a company registered in England
> and Wales with company number 1249803. The registered office is:
> Wilkinson House, Jordan Hill Road, Oxford OX2 8DR, United Kingdom.
>
> This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Star. The service is
> powered by MessageLabs.

Karl Stubsjoen
MeetScoresOnline.com
(602) 845-0006