[xsl] Is there an XMLReader that will know ignorable whitespace from a Relax NG schema?

Subject: [xsl] Is there an XMLReader that will know ignorable whitespace from a Relax NG schema?
From: "Imsieke, Gerrit, le-tex" <gerrit.imsieke@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 22:23:35 +0100
Dear List Members,

I'm processing an XML file that, according to an RNG schema, contains ignorable whitespace. The schema is derived from DocBook 5. I was hoping that the schema may be converted to DTD or XSD, so that saxon is able to discard ignorable whitespace. But the XSD that trang produced had an ambiguous content model, and DTD wasn't working at all. The last resort will be to apply the RNG customizations to a DocBook 5 XSD or DTD. But maybe someone on this list knows a source for an XMLReader class that I can just plug in using saxon's -x command line option. I was looking at jing's com.thaiopensource.validate.rng.SAXSchemaReader, but how do I tell it to use my RNG schema when invoking the XSLT processor? Do I have to subclass the SAXSchemaReader, telling it to use the actual schema? Or does the SchemaReader only read Schemas, not instances, and the instance reader is provided by another class? Does anybody have a working solution?

This question might be a bit OT for this list. In this case I hope you bear with me and point me to another list.

Thanks,

-Gerrit